Posted By:Paige MadorShare This Post
Venture’s Wellness Initiative
By Jennifer Petraitis, Human Resource Generalist and Kim Busha, Human Resources Staffing & Wellness Coordinator
Venture’s Wellness Works Program is a benefit to all employees to help them achieve their health goals, create a sense of community, and provide resources for wellness. All of these great benefits are available to employees through this program:
- Monthly award given to an employee who has been nominated by a co-worker for making a healthy change in their life – employees can a win certificate and gift card
- Fruity Friday or Tasty Tuesday – providing fruit and healthy snacks to all employees in the main office
- Lunch and Learn workshops throughout the year on topics such as stress management, making healthy food choices, financial health and chair yoga
- Wellness Challenges are offered several times a year, including the Walk for Wellness Challenge, Venture’s Biggest Loser Challenge, Healthy Hydration Challenge and Sleep Challenge. These challenges educate employees on the benefits of the activity and equip participants with the tools to help them complete the challenge. Everyone that completes the challenge is entered into drawings for great prizes like Fitbit activity trackers and gift cards.
- Free chair massage days with chiropractic information
- Information on healthy recipes, hiking trails and farmer’s market locations
- Free Venture Wellness t-shirt and entry fee reimbursement for participation in a road race, walk or run.
- Monthly wellness topic information co-sponsored by the Nursing Team, including Go Red for Heart Health Awareness in February and Autism Awareness in April. During both of these months the committee challenges employees to show their support by wearing red in February and Blue in April.
- Annual Winter Pot Luck Luncheon for all employees – anyone who brings a healthy dish with the recipe is entered to win a prize
- Free massage chair available in the main office
- Annual Wellness Fair with great vendors like local hospitals, health food stores, fitness instructors, and more. Employees also enjoy free giveaways, raffle prizes, and snacks.
- Blood pressure screenings and seasonal flu shots
If you are a Venture employee and have noticed a fellow coworker making a positive change in their life to promote their health and wellness, email Kim Busha to let the Wellness Works Team know and the nominee will be entered to win a prize in the monthly drawing!
If you are a member of the community and would like to help as a vendor at this year’s Wellness Fair on Thursday, October 13th, please contact Kim Busha at firstname.lastname@example.org or 774-922-1139.