Our Services (select a service)
Adult Foster Care
The Venture Adult Foster Care (AFC) program provides support to individual who require supervision and daily assistance with personal care. This program offers a safe and secure setting with health and social supports to allow people to stay in their community of choice
- Applicant must be unable to live alone due to a medical, physical, cognitive, or mental condition
- Must be eligible for MassHealth and 16 years of age or older
- Applicants must need assistance with one or more activities of daily living, such as bathing, dressing, eating, toileting, or ambulation.
- Participant must require 24 hour care and supervision
- Applicants must be willing to reside with a caregiver
- Physician approval required
Becoming an AFC Caregiver
Venture is currently seeking compassionate, supportive caregivers in Central and Southeastern Massachusetts who are willing to share their homes and lives with someone who needs support. Orientation, training, and a tax-free annual stipend are provided to AFC caregivers.
AFC Caregiver Guidelines
- Caregivers may be family members as long as they are not the guardian of the participant
- Caregivers must be willing to provide care and supervision 24/7
- Must comply with all established MassHealth guidelines
- Must possess positive attitude, professionalism, and compassion